Crispy Roast Potatoes with The Chilli Project Signature Blend Hot Sauce
This is my take on Patatas Bravas – the wonderful Spanish tapas dish where the potatoes are fried and served with spicy tomato sauce and garlicky aioli. I can never be bothered to fry my potatoes and that’s how this recipe came about! The Chilli Project Signature Blend Hot Sauce works wonderfully well as a Bravas sauce and if you prefer things super spicy then you can use our Super Hot Signature Blend for that extra kick! This is wonderful as a side dish, a share plate or in my case as a meal!
Serves: 4 as a side dish (6-8 as part of a tapas spread)
• 1kg potatoes
• 3tbsp olive oil
• ½ tsp smoked paprika
• 1 clove garlic, crushed (or ½ tsp garlic powder)
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ cup of The Chilli Project Signature Blend Hot Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C
2. Peel the potatoes, chop into small cubes, and dry with a paper towel.
3. Toss potatoes in a bowl with olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic and salt until thoroughly combined.
4. Spread out on a baking tray in a single layer and cook in the oven for 40-50 mins (turning once during cooking) or until the potatoes are golden and crispy
5. Transfer the potatoes to a large plate, drizzle The Chilli Project Signature Blend Hot Sauce over the crunchy potatoes and serve!
*Top with aioli, finely diced parsley and serve with toothpicks for a wonderful shared tapas plate
*Top with a dollop of sour cream and some chopped chives for an addictive nachos substitute
*Top with a fried egg and turn this into a delicious brunch dish
*Substitute the sauce for The Chilli Project hot sauce of your choice for more / less heat