A delicious recipe for air fryer Habanero Hot Wings featuring our very own Habanero Hot Sauce.
I recently purchased an air-fryer. Originally, I had thought I would use it as a mini oven for heating up quick ready meals for family dinners. I have since discovered there is so much more it can do – such as making the most incredibly crispy chicken wings, which are the perfect vehicle for lashings of hot sauce!
• 1 kg chicken wings (separated into 3 pieces)
• 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
• 1 tsp Sea salt
• ½ tsp Garlic powder
• ½ tsp Onion Powder
• Spray Oil (for air-fryer basket)
• 100 ml The Chilli Project Habanero Hot Sauce
• 50g unsalted butter
• Ranch or blue cheese dressing, to serve
1.Place wing pieces in a large bowl, add salt, garlic powder, onion powder and sunflower oil, and toss well to combine
2.Spray the basket of your air fryer with spray oil then place the wings in the fryer basket so they are not touching (if necessary to fit, line up the drumettes standing upright along the sides). Set the air fryer to 185 degrees C and cook for 12 minutes, then flip the wings with tongs and cook for 12 minutes more. Flip the wings again, increase the heat to 190 degrees C and cook until the outsides are extra-crispy (about 5 minutes more).
3.While wings are cooking, warm the butter in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave until melted, about 1 minute. Whisk in the hot sauce.
4.Toss the wings with the butter mixture to coat in a large bowl and serve with dressing on the side
• Don’t have an air fryer? No problem! Just pre-heat your oven to 220 degrees C (200 degrees C fan-forced) and cook the wings for approx. 45 mins or until they’re thoroughly cooked and crispy
• You can substitute other hot sauces if you want to try different flavours. Try our Signature Blend Hot Sauce, Habanero & Orange Hot Sauce or Smokin’ Hot BBQ Sauce as well!